The goal of the IDBZ is to be the ‘Employer of Choice’ as the Bank works towards the promotion of gender equality and women`s empowerment, social inclusivity, sustainable infrastructure development and green growth. The Bank endeavours to attract and retain a high-quality workforce necessary to deliver on the objectives of the Bank’s Strategy of supporting Zimbabwe’s development thrust towards an empowered society and a growing economy.
The IDBZ would like to engage the services of a reputable individual HR Expert (not a firm) who can validate and finalise the existing Human Resources Strategy, Human Resources Policies and Procedure Manual together with the Career Development Plan. The goal of the exercise is to ensure that the Bank has a comprehensive HR Strategy, HR Policy and Procedures Manual, and Career Development Plan which are guided by international best practice. In addition, Management would like its Human Resources Strategy to be validated and aligned to the overall strategy of the Bank.
The objective of the assignment is to validate and align the Bank’s Human Resources Policy with international best practise under DFIs as well as to ensure compliance with the Green Climate Fund (GCF) standards and requirements. The Bank intends to implement a comprehensive Career Development Plan which allows every staff member to advance professionally and be more fulfilled in the course of carrying out their duties as IDBZ Staff.
1. SCOPE OF THE ASSIGNMENT
The services to be provided by the HR Expert shall include but not limited to the following in line with best practices:
- Review, Update, Recommend and Conclude the HR Policies and Procedures Manual in line with international best practice.
- Review, Update, Recommend and Conclude the Bank’s Career Development Plan.
- Review, Update, Recommend and Conclude the Human Resources Strategy
2. REPORTING AND SUPERVISION
The HR Expert will work with a team of IDBZ Management, IDBZ Board Human Resources Committee and the Corporate Services and Human
Resources Department. The candidate is expected to execute the work in close liaison with other relevant departments or units of the Bank.
3. EXPERIENCE OF THE HR EXPERT
The HR Expert must have demonstrable track record and experience in conducting similar assignments or developing policies relevant to the assignment in the past 7 years. The HR Expert must provide details of similar assignments carried out including the period when the assignments were undertaken. The Expert should have undertaken at least 10 assignments as follows:
- Review, Update, Recommend and Conclude HR Policies and Procedures Manual in line with international best practice (Up to 4 projects).
- Review, Update, Recommend and Conclude the Career Development Plan (Up to 3 projects).
- Review, Update, Recommend and Conclude Human Resources Strategy (Up to 3 projects).
- The HR Expert must provide details of similar assignments carried out.
- A track record working with at least one Development Finance Institution (DFI) or a Multilateral Development Bank (MDB) among others will be an added advantage
4. QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE HR EXPERT
- A minimum qualification of a Master’s Degree, in Social Sciences/Operations Research/Statistics or any field.
- The minimum years of experience shall be 10 years in the relevant field developing Human Resources Policies, developing Career Development Plans and Human Resources Strategy.
Interested applicants should submit their applications together with detailed Curriculum Vitae by not later than 16:00 hours Friday, 15 October 2021. Female candidates are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be provided with detailed Terms of Reference of the assignment.
To be considered, interested candidates are requested to forward their applications to:
The Director Corporate Services and Human Resources Department
99 Gamal Abdel Nasser Road
or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Sunday, October 3, 2021
Friday, October 15, 2021
Human Resources Expert